Table of Contents
The Lion King is the animated film released in 1994, but we can’t stop watching it even now, in 2020. It seems that it received all possible and impossible rewards, and it really deserves them! It tells us the awesome story, but it also teaches us a lot of significant things about life, death, life, family, and friendship. Every character is based on a particular type of people, so we have the unique opportunity to view ourselves, our friends and the humanity as a whole from the outside, and decide who we want to be. This cartoon makes us laugh and cry, makes us think, makes us emphasize. You can remember the wide range of these emotions simply by reading the awesome Lion King quotes we collected for you!
Best Lion King Love Sayings
A lot of words were said about love, but only the best sayings are really true. When we hear the first of the quotes below, it makes us think, and when we hear the second one, it makes us smile, but both of them fully describe this beautiful and sometimes unexpected feeling.
- “Can you feel the love tonight? You needn’t look too far. Stealing through the night’s uncertainties, love is where they are.” — Simba, Timon, Pumbaa, Nala (“Can You Feel The Love Tonight”)
- “- One day you two are going to be married! – Yuck!” – Zazzu, Simba, Nala
Famous Lines from the Lion King
People usually think that cartoons are only for kids. However, these famous lines prove that sometimes in such movies you can hear the words of wisdom. If we didn’t know that the phrases below were said by Rafiki, we would think that they were born in the mind of a famous philosopher.
- “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki
- “It’s the circle of life, and it moves us all through despair and hope, through faith and love.” – Rafiki
Funny Lion King Quotes
No wonder the most of funny quotes from the Lion King belong to Timon – the most amusing character in this legendary cartoon. Thanks to him and his friend Pumbaa this partially tragic story became positive and truly inspiring. So if you are sad, please read these cool phrases just to remind yourself that there should be no worries!
- What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula?!” – Timon
- “What’s a motto?” “Nothing, what’s the motto with you?” – Simba and Timon
- “Let me get this straight. You know her. She knows you. But she wants to eat him. And everybody’s okay with this? DID I MISS SOMETHING?” – Timon
Lion King Inspirational Quotes
We often look for some motivation in hard times, and the sources of it may be more than surprising. If you are depressed and ready to give up, don’t seek help from famous philosophers – just watch the Lion King instead! The inspirational quotes by the wise characters of the cartoon will cheer you up. So, keep calm and laugh in the face of danger!
- Don’t let danger control you. Embrace a challenge—you never know where it will take you. Just don’t go around visiting elephant graveyards, okay?
- “I laugh in the face of danger.” – Simba
Lion King Quotes about Family
No one can deny that family is the greatest treasure in the universe. That’s why this cartoon is so awesome – it tells us the interesting story but also shows us that we always have someone, who will be with us in spite of everything, even if this ‘everything’ is death.
- “Whenever you feel alone, remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And, so will I.” – Mufasa
- “Correction. I know your father.” – Rafiki
The destiny of this character can make cry everyone on Earth, no matter if he is a child or adult. He is probably the best father figure in the world – his strength, his wisdom, and his ability to love is truly inspiring! So, if you are looking for some beautiful quotes, enjoy these ones!
- “Remember who you are.” – Mufasa
- “Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.” – Mufasa
- “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.” – Mufasa
Scar Lion King Quotes
Well, it’s time for the main antagonist of the cartoon – Scar. He’s probably the worst uncle ever, but this doesn’t mean he had nothing to say. Maybe the phrases below will seem cynical, but there is something in them!
- “Life’s not fair, is it? You see, I… well, I shall never be king. And you… shall never see the light of another day. Adieu.” – Scar
- Long live the king. – Scar
- “Well, forgive me for not leaping for joy… bad back, you know…” – Scar
During the movie, we can observe how Simba turns from a little scared lion into carefree character and then into a strong and wise king, the true ruler of the kingdom. These cool and meaningful quotes show the different sides of his character, and this is really awesome.
- “Well, somebody once told me that the great kings of the past are up there, watching over us.” – Simba
- You said you’d always be there for me! – Simba
- “Run. Run away, Scar. And never return.” – Simba
Timon and Pumbaa quotes
Probably, a few, very few people don’t know this amusing couple. Timon and Pumbaa are the gorgeous duet that is able to make laugh anyone on Earth. However, even though they are really funny, they definitely aren’t stupid. So, we tried to collect the wise quotes as well as the hilarious sayings of these cool characters.
- “It’s times like this my buddy Timon here says: you got to put your behind in your past.” – Pumbaa
- “They call me MR. PIG. AHHHHH!” – Pumbaa
- Bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about them. – Timon
- Thank You Messages for Teachers From Parents
- Short Leaving Verses Friends
- Good Luck and Miss You Quotes
- Best Happy Birthday Meme