The house is used to deal with eight Augustana students, Marty mentioned. None have been within the residence on the time of the fireplace, and no accidents have been reported.
The home is likely one of the older properties within the space transformed to deal with students.
Electronic data of the Rock Island County Assessor’s Office don’t say when the home was constructed or when Augustana College bought the house.
The constructing has been deemed uninhabitable, and all students have been relocated for the rest of the time period, Marty mentioned.
The reason for the fireplace remained below investigation late Wednesday.
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines publication.